• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Manual Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackwhittle

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My first time posting on this forum... I've had a test server running for a few weeks, a member of staff knocked the PC Tower over and the PC doesn't work no more. I've salvaged the HDD and have all the files. I'm just wondering how I can get 3CX on a new PC / Server and take all my files with me: VM, extns, Auto Attendant, config, MOH and so on.

I've tried installing 3CX on the new pc and simply overwriting with my files but 3CX won't load and it doesn't work.

How can I get it to work?

Thanks guys.

Jack

There is absolutely no guarantee that this will work, but try this:
1) Make a new install on the new PC/Server where 3CX is going to reside.
2) Stop all 3CX Services including the Web Server.
3) From the salvaged files copy all files from C:\Program Files\3CX Phone System\ to the new server.
4) From the salvaged files copy all files from C:\ProgramData\3CX\ to the new server.

I've seen this work ~30% of the times, so if this does not work, then unfortunately you cannot restore the PBX exactly as it was, all you can do is scavenge the retrieved files for VMails, Recordings, etc.

This sort of thing is the reason to do a 3CX back-up after any changes are made to an install, even a test set-up. The back-up should (preferably) be made to something durable, such as a USB stick, SD card, or to an outside server, not just onto the same hard drive running the 3CX server. Disasters happen... fire, theft, power surges, hard drive failures, clumsy employees, you can't have too many back-ups, in a safe location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.