Manually Changing User Agent String For Use With Net2Phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jamai4, May 15, 2007.

1. jamai4

Is it possible to somehow manually change the "User Agent" sent to a VOIP provider when registering the lines? We are located in Jamaica, and are essentially locked into using Net2Phone's service because that's what our only telecoms provider uses for VOIP.

The trouble is we keep getting the following error:

12:07:55.117 ClientRegs::eek:nFailure Registration of sip:635719825697@sip.net2phone.com has failed; reason=Forbidden - Unsupported UA
    12:07:54.992 ExtLine::Register Send registration for "18766544259"<sip:635719825697@sip.net2phone.com>
    12:07:54.976 ExtLine::Register Use both (External and Internal) IPs for device line registration DN='10000' device='Net2Phone'

I've seen where in Asteriks one can modify the sip.conf file to change the User Agent string, which would allow one to register with Net2Phone.

We've got everything set-up I think and the only problem is getting the line to register. Any idea....there must be some work-around. If it means manually changing a table or something in the database, I would be willing to give it a shot. We are using the most recent built of 3CX by the way.

I'd be happy to send you log-in information/passwords for our 3CX set-up if you need that to help.

Thanks,

Marcel

2. jamai4

No ideas guys and girls? We're trying to stay away from Linux/Asteriks as much as possible, since our entire platform is Windows based, and so far 3CX looks like the most complete and easiest to install/manage solution. Does anyone know of a similar alternative solution, if 3CX really can't be modified or customized to meet our needs?

3. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

We'll think about implementing such ability. Actually, we have plans to give an end user to customize any message, but it isn't near future plan. For User-Agent -- we'll think about easiest way to make it adjustable.

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

We have no plans to support this. I suggest changing providers...