Manually Configure 3CX Client App

Discussion in '3CX Clients' started by Molan21, Oct 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Molan21

Is there a way to manually configure the 3CX client app? I have approx 20 Android based VOIP phones that I wish to install the 3CX client app onto in order to get full support vs just being a Generic SIP phone that doesn't support all the features I need.

However I can't find a way to configure the client app without adding an email account and sending a configuration file to each device. I would really like to avoid this and just manually configure them.

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Nolan

If you can plug your VoIP phones on the same network as the PBX, and the PBX SIP port is 5060, then you can use PnP provisioning - 3CX clients will send a "PnP" broadcast request to the PBX so they will appear in the Management Console under Phones section and there you can assign them to an existing extension or create a new one for them.
    I think this is the only way - hope it helps.
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Molan21

They are in the same building but on different Subnets. There is no firewall between the subnets. is there a way I can get the PnP broadcast to from the one subnet to reach the server on the other subnet?

4. Sopock

Sopock Member

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/3cx-android-v14-account-addition-license-rehosting.43970/
    It may be possible after all::confused:
    An exception are phones in another network (local or remote) where a 3CX SBC is located as this has the ability to forward via the 3CX tunnel PnP multicast messages to the PBX.

• If you use the multicast method to locate registrars, then you must be sure to limit the scope of the multicast address such that SIP registration requests never leave your administrative domain (unless you want your clients registering to someone else's SIP registrars!)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Molan21

I don't see where that thread says it is possible

6. Marios Neophytou

Marios Neophytou Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Molan21,

PnP from different subnet is not possible. The easiest solution for now is to send a welcome email to all of you Android users

Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.