• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Manually dropping call in conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike.putnam

Reaction score
I did a little searching and I couldn't find an answer to this. Maybe it's obvious and I'm overlooking it. If so, I apologize.

Is there a way to drop a call manually from a conference? In setting up a conference, if an external call goes to voice mail, I can't see how to drop that call so I can try again later. Right now I just pull up the system and drop the trucks manually, but there would be no way for my users to be able to do that. I've tried selected the call and right clicking in MyPhone, but only get the Silverlight sub menu to come up.

Again, sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

Regards,

Mike

I was asked this by a customer a couple weeks ago. This customer had polycom phones and if a user creates an ad-hoc conference from their phone, there is an option to split the conference into separate calls and then drop one of the callers and Join the other callers back into a conference call. Not the most elegant solution, but it worked. This isn't available with conference calls created through MyPhone.

For MyPhone created conference calls, the solution I came up with was to enable viewing of all calls in MyPhone. Then when you look at active calls in MyPhone on the Extensions tab, you can right click and Reject that call. Which would drop it from the conference and leave the remaining parties in the conference.

Thanks for the resonse Tim.

I tried what you suggested and although I can see the call, I cannot drop it. All options are greyed out except Park. Now, I was able to park the call, then pick it up with another line on my extension and then drop it, but that, again, isn't very elegant. I didn't make any changes to MyPhone and am able to view the lines, but maybe I'm missing a setting somewhere? I checked my extension and the system wide settings. I'm not hiding anything nor do I have a box that allows viewing of extensions.

I should have said I'm using Cisco SPA-504G phones and I found that I could hold the conference line, dial an external number, then hit ConfLx and it added the line to the conference. But, I was now using two lines on my phone and was getting a double tone in the phone as though I was recording, even though I wasn't.

I feel that being able to drop the line via MyPhone should work, either I'm missing something or my MyPhone install is screwy somehow.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.