Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Manually editing provisioning templates in V9 on Windows 7

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Discovery Technology, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Discovery Technology

Some interesting behaviour with the latest version that I noticed recently:

I was working on a 3CX V9 install on a Windows 7 PC using the Abyss web server.

I have been manually editing the phone provisioning templates for years, lately they are located in the following folder on Windows 7:

C:\Users\All Users\3CX\Data\Http\Templates\Phones (you have to set your folder view settings to see hidden system files)

I was working on a SNOM 820 handset, so I was editing (using notepad) the snom.ph.xml file.

The problem I was facing was that after I saved my changes in notepad and reprovisioned the phone the changes weren't showing up in the cfgMAC file. I suspect that the web server may have cached the original xml template judging by it's behaviour.

After a bit of testing, I noticed that if I went into the 3CX Management console, edited the snom template in Settings - Provisioning Templates and simply saved the file, then tried reproivisoning the changes worked.

This may be useful if you're using the old method of updating your template files...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Discovery Technology

Re: Manually editing provisioning templates in V9 on Windows

I should also mention that when making changes, make sure that you get prompted to overwrite the existing settings file or this won't work.

When adding new template files to this folder, go into Computer Management and stop the Abyss Server for about 5 seconds, then start it again - this should bring the new template files into the drop-down list in the managementt console.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.