• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Manually Switch to Night Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltech

Reaction score
I have seen in previous posts that there is supposed to be a way or a code to change the office hours manually so that the night mode or after hours mode can be invoked manually. Could someone who knows how to do this, please list the steps required to make this happen. I am using the latest version 9. TIA

Hello,

This option is available in Version 10 only. And it is called Emergency Dial Code. Available in Settings Node > Advanced > Dial Codes. The option is off by default but you can add any code you like to invoke this feature (Licensed PBX only). For example if you give a dial code *798098 then the options you would have are as follows:

*7980981 will force the PBX to in office hours
*7980982 will force the PBX to out of office hours
*7980980 will force the PBX back to automatic office hours.

Thanks,
Nate

I just set up an extension and direct all the incoming lines concerned to it.
Then I set 1 forwarding rule for that extension to direct the calls to the ring group (or queue), another forwarding rule sends all the calls to a digital receptionist (plays night message and gives option to leave a message).
(I use away status for day, available for night).
Then I set two buttons on that phone to "Set away status" and "Available".
Last one out presses the button marked "night switch on", first 1 in presses "night switch off" as that's what is written next to the buttons. Messages go to the extension that is usually first in in the morning.
Works a treat.

Thanks for all the input. I was able to get this to work in Version 9.

Just go to the Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Dial Codes tab.

Look at the help for "Emergency Code" and it explains it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.