Many problems with installation and configuration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Alejandro, Aug 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alejandro

Hi people.
    since I had so many problems I've decided to try a start from cero. No I have the problem I can't finish the installation because of
    Error creating FQDN
    One or more errors occurred. (The type initializer for 'OpenSSL.Core.Native' threw an exception.)

Any ideas of how to solve this? everything I've tried did not work. We have the fqdn sip.iai.int and don't want to change that. Where is the problem then?

Alejandro

2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

general those types of issues are generated by the host while building an ssl key and csr and for what ever reason the OS is not fully up to date on patches or any other AV is catching then event and stops it...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Alejandro

Thank you for your answer Stefan. It's not relevant now. Got fed up with all the problems and reverted to Elastix. That was set up and all extensions configured in less than an hour. Working perfectly. Maybe some other time I'll give 3CX a chance again.

4. Brian Cross

Brian Cross New Member

Sounds like a user error. I can have 3cx setup and working perfectly in less than an hour...

5. Alejandro

Sure it is Brian. But since I'm no newbie in linux and have setup many elastix servers and been managing one for quite a time, I really do not know where I could have made a mistake. I followed all steps. And then I could reach port 5015 and do a configuration up to the point where the error message came. So I decided to log into my user account by 3CX and release the fqdn. Then tried again with port 5015. Same results. I could not go any further.
    I love open source where I can go into config files and tweak around until I get things working. But here I could do nothing... or better let me put it this way, I did not know how to somehow find a workaround. So I reverted back into elastix 4.0 and it is working fine. No hassles.

6. agp

agp 3CX Team

Hi Alejandro,

Did you try to install 3CX manually on a clean machine? Did you use the 3CX ISO?

7. Alejandro

What I did was upgrade from elastix to 3CX following the steps which are to find here: https://www.elastix.org/docs/converter-tool/#h.myu6nga6syq.
    But I also tried to install on another freshly created qemu VM.
    Both time using Let's Encrypt keys which I know are correct.
    Both time with the same result. I believe the problem is with our FQDN not being released by 3CX or something like that.
    I also tried with a new free licence, but then the result was obviously that the fqdn is being used already or something of the sort. What is reasonable because if the fqdn was not released, I can not use the same fqdn. And the boss wants no new fqdn. We have our own fqdn for elastix and wanted to keep the same for 3CX.
    As I said I might give it a try again sometime, not just now though. Elastix is full in use, and I have no more space left in the host for new VMs nor do I have more hardware to my disposition.
    Regards
    Alejandro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.