• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Mass recreate provisioning files

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezpc

Trainee Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hi

I need to recreate all config files in order to specify a new IP.

What is the best way to do this?

(Already put "create a big button to recreate" on the suggestions!).

that suggestion is there a few times. i have had conversations with 3cx on this need.
if i recall, from the phone tab, selecting reprovision all phones will do the trick - but it will happen right then and there.
not good if you are deployed and it is the middle of the day.

Thanks, but, this won't work in this case :( Once I change the IP, the phones will no longer show up (physically shutting down the server, moving DC, then restarting).... I suppose I could do it at night just before the move, but it could screw up timings...

I guess easiest thing is to write a macro to go through all extensions and click ok... just a shame as a recreate button would work so well!

I don't want to reset pins as that will cause other problems...

If your phones are set up to re-provision on power-up, you could use the big button that supplies mains power to the PoE network switch ... Crude, but that would force your phones to look for provisioning!!!

Sorry if I didn't explain properly, I can easily get the phones to reprovision (I run a custom script along with curl that automatically goes through every phone and resets in a few seconds)... The issue is recreating the provisioning files on 3CX to contain new settings.

Maybe the DHCP Option 66 provisioning method would help here ...???

http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/DHCP-option-66.html

best rgeards

Same question here. After editing the provisioning template I need to mass recreate the cfg files. My finger gets tired clicking OK...
3 years later any suggestions?

change daylight savings time checkbox on Settings->provisioning then set it back to previous setting. This recreates all config files.
(Depending on # of extensions and server specs it may take a bit of time.)

Nice hack! I will definitely try that out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaayb512
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.