Maximum simultaneous calls - Sangoma

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ZenMasta, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZenMasta

ZenMasta New Member

I have recently installed and configured an a200 card 6 fxo ports. For testing purposes I have 2 lines connected. I haven't done any special configuration, almost everything is default except in "Office Hours" where I choose which ring group to use.

So far in testing I have been able to make 2 simultaneous inbound and outbound calls and everything seems to work normally.

My question is concerning the setting called Maximum simultaneous calls. the default is 1. But when I was first setting up my card sangoma support suggested I change this to the number of lines that I actually have and didn't really understand his reasoning why.

Should I change this setting or leave it? And why?

2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

you should always set this to the number of ACTIVE phone lines that you have in service, if you set it below then you wont be able to use all your lines.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

But in this case you have an A200 with 6 FXO Ports

the maximum amount of calls you can make is 1 because FXO can allow 1 call to pass on each port.

So setting this to 2 or more will create confusion in the 3CX Phone System because it will try to pass / allow 2 calls from 3CX To Sangoma and only get a Busy or a reject from Sangoma because if sangoma already has 1 call active, the second call will be denied.

UNLESS... Sangoma card is configured with internal routing mechanism. We are actively working with sangoma but we are working on support for the new netborder express firmware directly so we might need 1 week to get definite results. After this we will issue press releases for all sangoma clients to move to the new Netborder express and use the new 3CX Templates for the updated version.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Sorry Nicky my mistake

5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

No problem David - technically speaking it is not incorrect what you said - this is how it should be set for Voip Providers and ISDN gateways.

6. ZenMasta

ZenMasta New Member

Thanks for the info. I will leave max simultaneous calls to 1.

So if I understand correctly you would only change this on voip trunks where you might have more trunks than dids or something like that?

Also what version of netborder? I'm currently using 4.0.3

7. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

stay on 4.0.3 for now. They have an update version but we are testing the templates for it as we speak.

Another sangoma version is coming at the end of the month so I suggest that we release support for the new templates and then you upgrade the nbe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.