Media Player 11 and voice message

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Anonymous, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am running Vista Ultimate,

I receive voicemail from 3cx via my exchange server, however when trying to play it media player complains about wrong codecs.

Anybody else having this problem, or did i just pushed the whole thing over the edge (again).

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Well try it. Its a standard wav file, which worked fine until vista came along though :-(

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well the file is generated on the W2k3 box, but when send via email to vista. It complains about the codecs, I will try on an XP box later.

There might be something I done wrong (for sure it is).

A well weekend is comming up :roll:

4. Alexander

Hi Henk !

The problem exists solely if you're using Vista Media Player; for example, Winamp plays these files without any problems.

The sticking point is the 'extra format bytes' within the 'fmt' header of the WAV-files; Media Server (from the 1699 version) didn't set them to zero (because the earlier Windows documentation said that these bytes can be ignored; and many programs like Winamp do ignore them), but Vista Media Player wants them to be set to zero.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol, well that is evolution for ya.

thanks mate, Ill have to switch over to WinAMP then. As a microsoft small business partner that hurts :lol: