Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

mediatrix 2102 not registered

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gmwhite, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmwhite

I have a Mediatrix 2102 which I am attempting to connect to my 3cx, but it will not register. I would like to know if it is possible to do this before I spend a lot more time at this. I have successfully configured the PBX to my VoIP provider, added a couple of 3cx soft phones and an Aastra IP phone - all works well. I want to add my regular line to the PBX and have successfully configured a Linksys 3102 as a PSTN device; I want to use the Mediatrix as an ATA so that I can attach a couple of analogue phones, but can't get it to register.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What does the 3CX log show when the device attempts to register. Or...does it even show an attempt? Depending on what you see, you may get a clue as to what is missing or datafilled incorrectly.

3. gmwhite

The log has no record of any attempt to register. I don't know if there are more logs other than the "server" log accessed through the management console.

I guess it should work, yet I have no error messages to guide me. Frustrating, but then I am new to this.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If there are no signs in the logs of any registration attempts then double check your settings in the 2102 devices. Either the messages are going to the wrong IP or the network settings are preventing messages from getting through. Are both the 3CX and ATA's are on the same network? Did you assign fixed IP's or using DHCP? Can you ping or log into the ATA's from a computer that you can also log into the 3CX PC? Does the mediatrix provide a syslog?

5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

The Mediatrix gateways are not tested nor are they supported. You should use a supported gateway or ATA device with 3CX...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.