• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Memroy leak in V4 Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.

mschmidt

Reaction score
Yesterday I installed the recent alpha release on my laptop. Just played a bit with the configuration, but didn't connect any devices.

The 5 services still stay in the background since than. Now I detected that the 3CXPhoneSystem.exe process has a memory allocation of over 1 GB, growing about 10 MB per second with very little CPU time. The other 3cx services behave normally, memory allocation is between 2 and 28 MB.

There is no VoIP application open on my machine or on the network, nor any configuration page opened in a web browser. Operating system is Win XP Pro SP2, it's a Pentium M machine with 2 GB of RAM.

I restarted the service, and memory allocation for the process is back on 7 MB, growing very slowly, about 12 KB every 5 seconds or so (without interacting with 3cx in any way).

Is there any log or trace file I could check to help finding the cause?

...and still growing

Hm, back on > 500 MB memory allocation... and not growing right now, after stand-by.

@ forum admin: sorry, I overlooked the extra forum for version 4 beta...

Yes, we're aware about that memory leak. Moreover, we've already fixed it. This fix will be available with next upload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.