Menu Navigation 3

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by Raman Kalia, Oct 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raman Kalia

I've to return back to 1 and to 2 level up menus by manual selection of the caller. For example:

1. Caller will be asked to press * to go to back to previous menu and
    2. Press # to go to main menu.

I've understood the working of loop but need to stop it on count of 3 repeats.

I'm not a programming guy at all.

Thanks

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @Raman Kalia,

Please take a look at the following thread which explains this topic:
    https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/menu-navigation.51602/

If you also need to stop looping after 3 attempts, then you need a variable to use as a counter, increment that variable on each attempt, and check in your Loop condition if that counter reached 3. For example, you can define a callflow variable named "TotalAttempts" and set it to 0 by default. Then, immediately after entering the loop, you use an "Increment Variable" component to increment this counter. Finally, the loop condition could be the following expression:
    AND(callflow$.KeepLooping1,LESS_THAN(callflow$.TotalAttempts,3))

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Raman Kalia

Thanks for the much needed help.
    While I'm able to call menus at upper levels, stopping loop after 3 attempts has not worked. There are couple of other observations I found. One bite at a time. I will start with looping issue. Please see the attached images and text following.

LoopView.png - CFD flow
    Loop_Condition.png - Placed condition as directed earlier.
    Incremental_Variable.png - Incremental variable placed calling "TotalAttempts" variable.
    Variable_Collection - KeepLooping1.png - Variable for calling from sub-menus
    Variable_Collection - TotalAttempts.png - Variable to increment for stopping the loop.

1. I'm able to run the menu1 and call back menu1 from a sub-menu (say menu3), when KeepLooping1 variable is set to 1. Setting it to 0, does not play prompts of menu1 and IVRS stops post welcome message. Also, CDF does not fails to compile the package, if I set its value to "True", as suggested in other thread, for which link was provided.
    2. After setting KeepLooping1 to 0, It keeps playing the menu1, whether condition AND(callflow$.KeepLooping1,LESS_THAN(callflow$.TotalAttempts,3)) is in place or not.

Regards,
    Raman

Attached Files:

4. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @Raman Kalia,

Please note that the boolean value true must be lower case, so you need to use true or false, and not True or False.

However, a value of zero should be considered false, so maybe there is something else here. Can you send me your project attached to a private message to me, so I take a deeper look?

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Raman Kalia

Hi,

i may not be able to share the actual call flow for privacy requirements. But I've created a miniature that I can share. How do I share directly.

Regards,
    Raman

6. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

No problem, a miniature should work as well. You can't upload a ZIP to the forum, so please send me a private message to me with the attachment. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.