Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Merging 2 3CX Systems

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stevodevo, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevodevo

Hi,

I have 2 3CX v9 systems running at 2 branch offices. I'd like the systems to be more integrated (ie be able to see extension status across systems, video calling, transfers etc) and have thought to get rid of one of the systems and move all the extensions to the primary site.

Is this the best way to proceed with this? I guess I would have to create the extensions and queue on the primary site and then set up the phones to connect to that 3CX system instead. Is there anything else I should watch out for?

Steve

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Please note I haven't tried or tested this yet, but am about to do something similar so I cannot be 100% sure of the following.

Keep the two system as they are. You can then bridge them (this we already do). So if I am on 3CX1 and our branch is on 3CX2 I have a bridge set up (3CX1 is master) and an outbound rule that says if the number is 4 digits long (3CX2 is a 3 digit extension setup) and the number starts with 8 (e.g. 8123) then forward it to the 3CX2 via the bridge (and strip the 8).

This works with no problem.

Now to monitor the status you should be able to use the new version of the call assistant which can monitor multiple 3cx systems (this i havent set up yet).

If you have phones with BLFs (e.g Cisco SPA962 or 962_932 if you need a lot) you can use those as the directory and prepend them with the bridge digit.

I am also going to try a rule that says if my outbound CCS sip trunks are full, then go via the bridge and use the 3cx2 outbound trunks (use a combination of an outbound rule on 3cx1 and inbound rule on 3cx2).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It could depend on whether or not you could (or you would want to) run all of your outbound trunking out of one of the locations. You could install the 3Cx proxy server at one (I would assume the smaller of the two) location and run all of those sets through that. This also relies on a dependable internet or private LAN connection between the two sites.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.