Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

message before transfer

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jantoney, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jantoney

Hey...

I have a call group that rings when a call comes in from my PSTN lines.
    I then have a timeout of 30 seconds set and if no one answers then it transfers via a VOIP line to my mobile.
    I want to know if there is a way to play a message before the call is transfered to the external source?
    'EG thanks for calling. Please hold while we transfer you to one of our mobile technicians'
    I cant use a DR and just set the timeout to the length of the message because a DR cant transfer to an outside line.
    I also cant say press one to transfer to our mobile tech because of the same reason!
    (I will post a feature request for the DR > Outside line thing!)

thanks in advanced

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. silentfun

silentfun Member

shure you can do.

U can setup a DR with this message and after timeout 1 you connect then to a extension where a "Forward All Calls" is to your mobile.

Or U can Add Call Queue with your Message in Intro prompt file and then after Ring Timeout (seconds) 1 or 0 you Destination if no answer << Forward to Outside Number
    where your mobile is.

as always don´t forget outbound rules - if you use them for security when you have guests in your BPX

Andy

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jantoney

YAY

Forward all calls.... mmmm why didn't i think of that!...

thanks silentfun

4. silentfun

silentfun Member

no problem i thing there a many ways for each need we have and this forum is a perfect place to give an get help.

Wish you a merry x-mas

Andy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.