Message for refused calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by laynis, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laynis

Oct 23, 2009
    Our customer is willing to prevent his users to dial mobile phone numbers 06 XX XX XX XX..
    To prevent this, I'll create an outbound rule for all calls starting with 06 with no route... but we'd like to have a message to the users that this type of call is not allowed.
    Anyone having an idea on how I could do this ?
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2008
    I haven't tried it, but...I wonder if it's possible to have a 3CX trunk register to one of it's own extensions, so you are looping back into the board. Create a dial plan to convert the number range you want to block to that extension number which then goes right to a voicemail message with the "Sorry you aren't allowed to call those numbers" type message. As i say, I've never tried it and don't know if it will work.
  3. xbt

Nov 3, 2009
    A work around I did for this was to get a second sipgate number (they're free, for now anyway) and create an outbound rule for any extn dialing a mobile. this rule dials the second sipgate number from our original sipgate number (free call, same voip provider) which is permanently forwarded to an unregistered extn with a message telling the caller they can not call mobiles. I also withheld CLI on the new sipgate number and barred OG calls from it. Its only a stop gap till I get a GSM gateway working with our 3cx server. but it works and makes the staff go and get the company mobile.
  4. 1tb

May 7, 2009
    I have confirmed this works a treat in V8! Basically do this:

Step 1
    1. Create a new Digital Receptionist and call it "Blocked Call Handler".
    2. Record a useful prompt advising call is blocked and offer 'Press 1 to contact reception for assistance placing your call." (Maybe also advise how to repeat prompt.)
    3. Set routing to call your reception extension, and set an appropriate timeout to end call if nothing pressed.
    4. Apply changes and test Digital Receptionist new extension is working.

Step 2
    1. Use the wizard to create a new VOIP Provider and choose 'Generic SIP Trunk'.
    2. Call it something meaningful like 'LocalHost'
    3. In the Sip server address use:
    4. Give it a virtual extension number like the other VOIP/Gateways = for example: 10009
    5. In advanced tab under registration settings set - Require registration for = "Do not require" and set - Which IP to use in contact field = "Internal"
    6. Apply and check it now should be registered.
    7. Now edit the new port (10009) and configure routing for Office/Outside Office hours to route to your new Digital Assistant extension you created in Step 1.

Voila! You now have a nice message and call handling for blocked calls. Hope this helps.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.