• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Message for refused calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

laynis

Reaction score
Hi,

Our customer is willing to prevent his users to dial mobile phone numbers 06 XX XX XX XX..
To prevent this, I'll create an outbound rule for all calls starting with 06 with no route... but we'd like to have a message to the users that this type of call is not allowed.
Anyone having an idea on how I could do this ?
Thanks
Michael

I haven't tried it, but...I wonder if it's possible to have a 3CX trunk register to one of it's own extensions, so you are looping back into the board. Create a dial plan to convert the number range you want to block to that extension number which then goes right to a voicemail message with the "Sorry you aren't allowed to call those numbers" type message. As i say, I've never tried it and don't know if it will work.

A work around I did for this was to get a second sipgate number (they're free, for now anyway) and create an outbound rule for any extn dialing a mobile. this rule dials the second sipgate number from our original sipgate number (free call, same voip provider) which is permanently forwarded to an unregistered extn with a message telling the caller they can not call mobiles. I also withheld CLI on the new sipgate number and barred OG calls from it. Its only a stop gap till I get a GSM gateway working with our 3cx server. but it works and makes the staff go and get the company mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.