message, no line available for external call

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by altocontrol, Dec 3, 2015.

1. altocontrol

Option to configure an alert message when no line available for making an external call.

2. 3cxsbx

i partially agree on this:
    * there is a wav-File you can overwrite to make this happen
    * but to reply a license issue to an external caller in a default configuration is not ad viable option. internally this does not matter, but externally no one should now.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In the PSTN world (at least in North America), no trunks (circuits) available, has always been signified by a 120 PPM busy signal, twice as fast as a line busy signal. It should be this way on 3CX, using tones based on the country tone scheme you choose. A recording might be a nice option, but is it really necessary? You know that callers will just keep re-dialling until they get through in the hopes that someone hangs up in the meantime.

This would not appear to be a licence issue but a lack of sufficient outgoing trunks issue. If this were happening on a regular basis, then it would be advisable to add additional trunking.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I did run into this once on an 8 SC license that 2 people did a conference call on for an hour.
    When they finished and callers got thru, they frantically called me saying something was wrong with the phone system.
    I investigated and looked at the VoIP provider logs and saw all the outbound calls and put it together - licenses all in use for conference call.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...