Messages on voice mail not working anymore

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by fortytwo, Jan 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fortytwo

Hello,

Since several days, I'm enable to "ear" any message from the voicemail using 3CX Phone v14.
    Do you have any idea what happen?
    In wich folder on the windows serveur can I get back these message ? (Whare are located the .wav files I mean)

Thank you for you help,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The folder on the Server where all the Voice Mails are stored is C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Ivr\Voicemail\Extensions .

Could it be something with the sound card driver and the 3CX Phone apps doesn't play the Voice Mails?

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If this was working previously, then what was changed about the time it stopped working? Updates, hardware?

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

In the 3CX Phone for Windows when you right click on a VMail it gives 2 options 'Play' and 'Play on Phone'. What are you pressing. Also do you have any audio problems when making calls?
    Is the 3CX Phone app in CTI mode or SIP mode?

5. fortytwo

I'm using the SIP mode (not the CTI mode) with the 3CX Phone softphone. The Icon is set to blue when I new voicemail is detected. And when I call the voicemail, I can hear the "robot" sound.
    I can't rightclic on Vmail because When I launch the 3CX Phone, I can see this error "3CX Phone for Windows Could not etablish a connection to the 3CX Phone system web API..." that I'm currently trying to fix...
    I update Windows every weeks, no hardware has been added. Only changes I'v made was bellow:
    A/ SIP Trunks / my sip provider

PBX Delivers Audio : True

Assigned codecs :
    1 - G.711 U-Law
    2 - G.711 A-Law
    3 - G929

B/ LAN adapter set to 192.168.0.42 to 192.168.0.40
    C/ I set IPV6 to IPV4 on the LAN Adapter

I noticed when I read the message located at C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Ivr\Voicemail\Extensions
    that no sound is coming out (from another computer who can play sound).
    It's really strange.
    I can noticed this error with XML file :
    So, I'm still searching what happen.
    Thank you guys for you help !

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If you changed the LAN IP of the 3CX Phone System you need to re-install it, restore the backup and reprovision the phones.

Generally speaking though, when you get the "3CX Phone for Windows Could not etablish a connection to the 3CX Phone system web API..." message it means that the 3CX Phone client cannot establish a http connection with the Presence server. Possible reasons for this could be:
    - The Local FQDN you set during the installation does not resolve to the Private IP of the server.
    - AV software on the PC or the Server very often blocks these requests (if you have uninstall and reboot to test as exceptions don't sometimes work).
    - Manually provisioning the 3CX Phone and not with a Welcome Email.

Also the erros you see in the XML probably mean that the SMTP server settings you have set in the Management Console are not correct and it is trying to send the VMail via email and is failing.

7. fortytwo

Hello,

I solve the issue. I bought a new server because I updated the last one and it crashed... I don't know if I can said "lol" :)

Thank you guys for your help and advice !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.