Mic issue

Discussion in 'Android' started by theuser, Oct 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theuser

Hello.

In 3CXPhone, phone mic does not work. Other features, such as registration, placing and receiving calls are ok. Speaker is ok.

Regards, Max.

Device Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Phone Model: Sony Tablet
    Android 4.0
    3CXPhone version: Current

Issue Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Handset: [Phone]
    Contacts: []
    Connection: [WiFi]
    Server: [External]

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that the Mic is built in and works with other Apps?

Have you tried (if it has the ability) plugging in an external headset or using a Bluetooth headset?

3. nedd

Hi, I'm having exactly the same problem, comunication is ok, but the other party doesn't earme. My mic is not working, but in other applications it works, I already tryed with external ears but it still not working.

Any ideas of whats going on?

I'm using the Android 2.3.7 with my Vodafone Smart II

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would hazard a guess that it is something to do with the particular model phone, or perhaps a conflict with something else running on the phone.
    The only way to confirm is to install on another phone of the same model and see if the same problem is there.

This has not been tested to work, on every combination of phone model and android version, and provider modified handset out there, worldwide, so there may be some, where, in it's current version, it just won't work.

Providers can specify that certain features are "crippled" or work in slightly different ways on the handsets that they offer. You might have two (otherwise) identical models, offered by two providers, that behave differently.

5. 3cxonrazrmazzhd

I am having the same issue with the mic not working. 3cx worked fine on my old Incredible. Installed on my new Razr HD Maxx. It goes on hook fine and makes calls. I can hear the other side but they can't hear me. Has anyone figured this out??? TIA

6. markshehan

markshehan New Member

Who is your cell carrier?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. 3cxonrazrmazzhd

8. markshehan

markshehan New Member

Are you sure this is a case of "mic not working" rather than one way audio?

To me it seems your outbound audio is not working - the caller at the other end cannot hear you. That is more common than a mic not working in 3cx phone.

Are you using the 3cx tunnel to place the calls? Does it work on wifi when in the office? It sounds like a firewall is blocking the RTP from your phone (which carries the audio).

I would suggest that first you go into the office and turn on wifi and try the phone. Being in the office on the lan means no firewall in the way and you should get two way audio.

Then set up the phone to use tunnel and it will work when out of the office too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. 3cxonrazrmazzhd

I think you're right. I have a Moto Razr HD Maxx and the mic is fine...works when I'm not using 3cx.

I've never used the 3cx tunnel and don't use wifi to connect (don't have wifi at the office).

I'll try to set up the tunnel and see if that works. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.