• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM - Click to Call Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Rasmus

Gold Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hello,

I am using Microsoft Dynamics CRM and i have installed Click to Call chrome extension.
Click to Call works on normal websites as it opens the number in my 3CX client ready to call, however when i click a number in my CRM it tries to open with Skype (i do not use skype or even have it installed)
I have tried looking for a way to change it to 3CX but i can't seem to find anything.

Does 3CX Click to Call actually work with Microsoft Dynamics CRM or is there another way of doing this?

Any help would be much appreciated

Hi, Micahel!

Here's the 3CX - Microsoft Dynamics document. Don't know if there are changes recently, though.

Another way of doing it is with the help of a 3rd party CTI like Tenfold. Tenfold is an intelligent assistant that integrates CRMs with 3CX.

One of Tenfold's main feature is click-to-call that converts all phone numbers inside the CRM or on any part of your browser into clickable hyperlinks.

Besides that, Tenfold also has automatic call logging, a floating UI (screen pop/caller ID), a call analytics dashboard, easy task creation, and more.

Thanks Mike.

Yeah i did go through the 3CX - Microsoft Dynamics document and I know that to use the click to call feature you have to go through drop down menu's rather then just clicking on the number.
It is kinda annoying having to do it that way which is why i was seeing if there was a way for the click to call chrome extension could actually work with Microsoft dynamics CRM so i can just click the number and open in 3cx instead of skype.

The numbers in the CRM are already clickable but only for skype, so i think this could also cause some issues with Tenfold as well.

I will look into Tenfold and see if its worth going down that path.

Reactions: Mike Cartwright
Glad to help. Micahel. You can request for a free demo to see if it could also cause some issues with Tenfold. Good luck!

Hello mike,

have you tried tenfold? I would like to know if it worked ... I also use 3CX and Microsoft Dynamics. And it bothers me very much that I can not click the numbers. I can click on the numbers, but instead of a plus sign i get 22 Example the number in CRM is +49 123 456789 and the number in 3CX Softphone is 2249123456789

Best regards from Germany

Stefan Prasch

Hello Stefan,

No i didn't end up going with Tenfold.
I am still interested in it i just haven't had the time to actually get this setup. Sorry.

So when you click the numbers in the CRM it opens with 3CX it just doesn't translate properly?
mine opens with skype and i have no idea how to change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaayb512
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.