• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Microsoft Dynamics Plugin automatically creates tasks if voicemail is left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alldayrr

Customer
Reaction score
All,
Does the 3CX CRM plugin allow ability to automatically create a task in Microsoft Dynamics 360 ? I understand that this would need to be customized.

Also, I noticed that the out of box Dynamics plugin automatically creates multiple call logs whenever the call goes through the call que. Is there a way we can just create the call log when the person accepts the call so there's only one call log?

The Microsoft Dynamics CRM plugin creates a phone call bound to the contact when the call ends. This also happens when the call is considered missed, i.e. sent to the voicemail, only when you configure the plugin to show the contact on call ring. If you configure it to show the contact on call answered, then you will not have missed call records.

If you need to create a Task instead of a Phone Call, then you need to make changes to the scripts provided by 3CX, and then upload your changes as a custom integration.

Kind regards.

Is this setting on the 3CX client? Is there a way to distinguish between voicemail and missed call? I don’t mind creating a call log if it’s voicemail or answered. Is this possible?

The plug-in will be notified when the call starts and ends from the extension perspective, no matter where it goes later (to the voicemail or if the call is dropped). So there is no way to tell the difference between a call sent to voicemail and a call which ends after no answer.

What you can do is configuring your plug-in to pop up the contact on answer, instead of doing it on ring (default setting). This way, the incoming call will only be notified to the plug-in when it's answered, and a call log will only be created for answered calls. You can control this setting from 3CXPhone > Settings > Advanced > Integration > General.

Kind regards.

Ernesto,
Does the customized CRM Integration tool have the ability to know if it's a voicemail vs a missed call? I'm thinking I may have to develop a custom plugin if it does.

No, there is no way to distinguish them. From the 3CX client point of view, the call is disconnected from it, and there is no way to know where it's going next (if the call will be dropped or going to the voicemail).

Ernesto,
Where can we find the setting to switch to answered only? Is this on the webclient, admin settings, or 3cx desktop client? A snapshot of where the setting is would be appreciated.

In the 3CXPhone for Windows client, go to Settings > Advanced > Integration > General.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.