Microsoft Exchange 2007 and 3CX integration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ptzedakis, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ptzedakis

Good morning all,

I am fairly new to VOIP and 3CX, so do forgive me if I ask simple or irrelevant questions...

Can 3CX access the Microsoft Outlook 2007 contacts of a domain user, when the contacts are stored centrally in Microsoft Exchange 2007 and NOT stored locally on the Microsoft Outlook client of the user?
    We basically wish that every domain user sees their personal contacts (stored locally on their MS Outlook 2007 client), as well as a subset of the company professional contacts that are stored in Microsoft Exchange 2007.

Will the 3CX - MS Outlook 2007 plug-in allow a user to call BOTH their personal contacts (locally stored) AND their subset of professional contacts (remotely stored in MS Exchange, but accessed through MS Outlook 2007) ?

Also, can anyone shed some light on the possible benefits (if any) of using 3cx along with Microsoft Exchange 2007 and which MS Exchange 2007 version would best function with 3CX ?

Thank you for your time,
    Panos

2. StaffKB

Hi,

3CX will you the contacts that are displayed under "3CX Assistant > File > CRM Settings > CRM Plugin's tab > Microsoft Outlook plugin Configuration" Which will be the contacts in the outlook adress book.

Regards,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ptzedakis

Hi Kyle,
    Thanks for your prompt response.

If I understood you correctly, if the MS Outlook address book *contains* contacts from MS Exchange 2007, 3CX will be able to find and use such contacts, correct?

Does it matter if we *first install* 3CX and after a while we install MS Exchange 2007 on our network, or if we really want to use MS Exchange 2007 do we need to first install MS Exchange 2007 and THEN install 3CX ?

Thank you for your help,
    Panos

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

It is not the matter to install Exchange or 3CX first,
    what matters is that you install Outlook on the client before installing the Call Assistant on the PC.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.