Microsoft Patch KB3079904 Breaks 3CX?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by SpecialK, Jul 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpecialK

Last night I installed MS patch KB3079904 on my 3CX Windows 8.1 server. After the patch was installed I could no longer receive inbound calls. Outbound calls worked. When I logged into the 3CX server I noticed that the Abyss service was not running. I started it manually but could not login to the 3CX console. I uninstalled the KB patch, rebooted, and things are working fine again. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

PS. I am running the current version of 3CX with all 3CX patches applied.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

This patch seems important for client web browsing. Since no one should be on this machine and "surfing" then I do not think it is imperative to install it.

I do not run 3cx on Windows 8 - so I can not comment on the actual question.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. positron

In the past 24 hours, I have installed KB3079904 on 3CX 12.5 systems running on Windows 7 x64 (Abyss) and Windows Server 2012 R2 (IIS) and have not experienced any issues.

The update was associated with rendering of OpenType fonts and was an update to KB3077657 which was released last week. Should have no impact on 3CX.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. JonnyM

Advising people not to install this patch is terrible advice.

For what it's worth, I have 3CX running on Windows Server 2008 R2 with this patch installed and 3CX functions fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.