• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Microsoft Patch KB3079904 Breaks 3CX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpecialK

Customer
Reaction score
Last night I installed MS patch KB3079904 on my 3CX Windows 8.1 server. After the patch was installed I could no longer receive inbound calls. Outbound calls worked. When I logged into the 3CX server I noticed that the Abyss service was not running. I started it manually but could not login to the 3CX console. I uninstalled the KB patch, rebooted, and things are working fine again. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

PS. I am running the current version of 3CX with all 3CX patches applied.

This patch seems important for client web browsing. Since no one should be on this machine and "surfing" then I do not think it is imperative to install it.

I do not run 3cx on Windows 8 - so I can not comment on the actual question.

In the past 24 hours, I have installed KB3079904 on 3CX 12.5 systems running on Windows 7 x64 (Abyss) and Windows Server 2012 R2 (IIS) and have not experienced any issues.

The update was associated with rendering of OpenType fonts and was an update to KB3077657 which was released last week. Should have no impact on 3CX.

craigreilly said:
This patch seems important for client web browsing. Since no one should be on this machine and "surfing" then I do not think it is imperative to install it.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/ms15-078.aspx said:
This security update is rated Critical for all supported releases of Microsoft Windows. For more information, see the Affected Software section.

Advising people not to install this patch is terrible advice.

For what it's worth, I have 3CX running on Windows Server 2008 R2 with this patch installed and 3CX functions fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.