Migrate from 3CX v14 to Linux version 15

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by admin77, Jul 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. admin77

Hello all,

I want to migrate from a windows pc with 3CX v14 to a the Linux free version 15.
    I 've taken a backup from version 14 is it possible to import the configuration into version 15 ?

Can i use a private ip address instead a public ip address for the 3CX PBX system

Thanks

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @admin77

You can restore your V14 backup to V15.5 but you can only do it during the installation and not after installation is completed.
    Please note that the V15.5 installer will ask for an FQDN and certificates for the FQDN. You can use your own FQDN or opt for a 3CX provided FQDN. You can find more details regarding this in the following link
    https://www.3cx.com/3cxacademy/videos/basic/installing/

3. admin77

hi Yiannis,

I am getting the following message during the configuration tool phase

System.Exception: Error in CreatingCloudServerManagementDatabase.sql: 28P01: password authentication failed for user "phonesystem" ---> Npgsql.PostgresException: 28P01: password authentication failed for user "phonesystem" at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.DoReadMessage(DataRowLoadingMode dataRowLoadingMode, Boolean isPrependedMessage) at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.ReadMessageWithPrepended(DataRowLoadingMode dataRowLoadingMode) at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.HandleAuthentication(String username, NpgsqlTimeout timeout) at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.Open(NpgsqlTimeout timeout) at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnection.OpenInternal() at PostInstall.DBConnection.get_Connection() at PostInstall.DBConnection.ExecuteScript(String sqlQuery, IDictionary`2 parameters) at _3CXCloudDBManager.DbConnectionExtensions.ExecuteScript(IDBConnection connection, Object configurationStructure, String scriptText, Boolean asResourceName) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at _3CXCloudDBManager.DbConnectionExtensions.ExecuteScript(IDBConnection connection, Object configurationStructure, String scriptText, Boolean asResourceName) at _3CXCloudDBManager.CloudDBManager.CreateCloudServerManagementDatabase(IDBConnection superuser, CloudServerManagementDatabaseConfiguration configuration) at PostInstall.SetupExecutor.CreateDatabase(Action`1 stateChanged) at PostInstall.SetupExecutor.ExecuteSetup(SetupSettings setupSettings, Action`1 stateChanged, Action`1 errorNotifier) at PbxWebConfigTool.PbxSetupService.CreatePbxInternal(SetupSettings settings)

I ve selected restore a backup and select the v14 backup, i ve also select for a 3cx fqdn.

Any ideas ?

[

4. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

hello admin77,

Please make sure you have downloaded the latest installer from our website https://www.3cx.com/phone-system/download-links
    If applicable, disable any other network cards not in use on the PBX Machine, disable ipv6 on the network interface settings, uninstall the phone system, reinstall, and proceed with the ipv4 IP address normally.
    Please let us know if it works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.