Migrating from ver 9 to ver 10

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by reliant1, Mar 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reliant1

Hi All,

I'm going to be migrating from version 9 of the 3cx system to version 10. I'm got my existing ver 9 system up and running and a new ver 10 system on a new server with a new SIP provider we are goign to move to as soon as the number ports take place. I've kept the two system separate for testing purposes so I didn't do an upgrade. We also had to get a new license because we went from 6 lines to 12.

My question is, can I export settings from ver 9 and important them into ver 10 so I don't have to rebuild everything? I don't care if I have to re-add the license or rebuild the SIP trunks but I want to preserve my extensions, DA, voicemail, etc.

TIA!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I was hoping that someone from 3CX would have responded by this time...

Since you cannot select to not backup the trunks. The only thing you might try is to edit the backup from version 9, deleting the trunk information. I haven't tried that, so you do so at your own risk (worse case scenario, I would think, is that you have to delete and re-install 3CX). It may not even accept a backup that had been manually modified (check sum?). The only other thing is to apply the version 9 backup and then delete all of the existing trunks. I wouldn't think that should be a lot of work, certainly less than re-entering all of the extensions and other information. Don't forget the trunk group name references in your outbound rules.

3. skagen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.