Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Migrating Recordings from Asterisk/FreePBX to 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Roeller, Mar 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roeller

Hello,

I am testing a migration path from migrating a Asterisk/FreePBX server to a 3CX Server.

3CX stores recordings in the default directory: C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Recordings\

It uses the name format: DisplayName_Ext_DialedNum_YearMonthDayHourMinuteSecond.wav

Can I just put fiels in this directory as long as it is according to the above name format?

I tried and restarted the server,. but nothing is seen on the recording page. Should I also edit/add records to a database somewhere?

As soon as I have a working migration path/scenario, I will write about it!

Kind regards,

Roel Broersma

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I just tried this and it seems to work, manually placing .wav files in a directory.

What I did was in folder C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Recordings\, I created subfolders for extensions, so all the recordings for ext 101 would be in C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Recordings\101\, and if in this folder you put a .wav file in format:
    [DisplayName]_CallerID-DialedNum_YearMonthDayHourMinuteSecond.wav
    It showed up, no restart required, just click away from "Recordings" and back again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.