Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Migration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by NUWELLEPIC, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NUWELLEPIC

Hi,

We are running version 15.0.60903.0. Before we learned of the pro features, we built out our trees and extensions in the open source version. I have another instance with a Pro trial with 32 call paths. I did a backup of the previous version and it gave me a zip file.

When I run the conversion tool, it says I need a tar file. So I converted the zip to a tar and as I expected the conversion tool does not like the tar file.

Is there another place in the system to get a tar file to restore to my pro trial so I can have my call tress and extensions in the new server?

Here is the error.
    Encountered 1 errors:
    • File etc.asterisk.tgz is missing from backup, please redo a backup which includes Asterisk settings.

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    The conversion tool in question is designed to convert backups taken from Elastix 2.5 or 4.0 to Elastix 5.
    In your case as you are running a 3cx phone system v15, you definitely not need the converter, but just need to use the in-built backup and restore feature.

If you need to change license for an existing installation here's how to proceed:
    - take a backup that does not include FQDN or license (option to untick in the backup popup)
    - if you want to reuse current FQDN on pro license, you will need to release it from the Free PBX Edition license in your customer portal (see http://www.3cx.com/docs/key-already-bound/)
    - uninstall this 3cx phone system
    - install 3cx phone system on new machine
    - restore when prompted in setup wizard stage

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NUWELLEPIC

Ok, thanks. It was actually the open source of Elastix. I mis-spoke on the old version we were running so your answer still helped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.