Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Mikrotik router issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rc15, May 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rc15

Hi,
    Is there someone familiar with Mikrotik routers that could help.

The firewall checker passes the test for 5060, 5090 and 9000-900x.
    But either windows phone or 3Cx for iphone won't register, I don't know what I missed.

iphone 6 /3CXPhone 14.0.3
    3CX V14 sp2, internal/external FQDN

2. TCF

TCF

Is the iPhone and Windows Computer on the same network as the PBX? Have you created a DNS entry for your FQDN of the PBX? Is PUSH enabled in 3CX?

3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Did you go to the other tab for the extensions and check the setting that allow use of phone outside the LAN?

4. rc15

Windows Phone is on same network as the pbx
    Iphone is on cellular net, tunnel is activated on port 5090
    Both have the same registering issue

DNS entry are created for the FQDN
    PUSH is enabled

It worked perfectly until I replaced the router (old one was a netgear fvs318). It seems to be a firewall filter-rules and NAT issue.

5. rc15

Ineblett, I verified after reading your reply, "disallow" was checked so I unchecked and reprovisioned. It did not changed anything. And even if "disallow use of extension outside of LAN" was checked, the iphones worked outside the LAN....

6. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

If you have a SIP provider and the trunk is working, then not a forwarding issue assuming the same logic/setup used for 5090 and to a lesser degree, the checker passed.

If the Iphone is on the same LAN and not working, then would not seem to be a router issue.

When you re-provisioned, was it manually or with email from 3CX?

Is the tunneling service running?

7. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

I can confirm MikroTik is working perfectly with 3CX, I have over 100 PBXs behind MikroTik routers plus large cloud implementations and multi-site installations.

Generally what you need is to configure is destination NAT from external address / interface to local IP address of the 3CX, for TCP ports: 80,443,5000,5001,5060,5061,5062,5090 and for UDP ports: 5060,5061,5090,9000-9499 into IP/firewall/NAT menu of the router

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. rc15

I have dst-nat configured for these port.
    Would you mind to show me an example of working configuration for filter rules and NAT ?

9. TCF

TCF

I had the same problem as you are having and it turned out I didnt have ports 80 and 443 forwarded in the NAT ..

10. rc15

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.