• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Minimum info for an Extension import

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyBarr

Reaction score
Hi,

We are currently setting up our new 3CX install (and Migration from old PBX) and was wondering what is the minimum information needed to preform a extension import.

I don't really want to create a spreadsheet with 49 columns and also assign random letters and numbers for pins/voicemail/mac addresses for current phones,etc.

I was hoping for Extension number, First Name, Surname, Email Address, Mobile number and that would be it, but I get an error

The following rows could not be imported: 2-201 (shortened) Either the extension already exists or the row has invalid data.Please review the file and check these rows.

We only have two extensions currently in the system (default reception and my own test one).

Thanks

Andy

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/bulk-extension-import/

You can download the spreadsheet for the system of interest (version).

You will need to have all the columns in the file, but some of the variables can be null. However, you will need to consider which variables need to be entered should some of the fields default to a setting that you may not want. You could also consider copying and pasting in some fields where the needed settings will be repetitious.

Just do one or two rows to test with and when successful, you can then add the others using the same format.

You might also consider http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/import-active-directory/ if applicable to your environment.

Hi Ineblett,

Thanks for the quick response,

I understand that I have to have all fields for the import, but which fields are mandatory for the import and which ones will be auto filled by the 3CX (such as password fields, etc). I really don't want to be entering in 170 odd MAC addresses - I want to utilise the 3CX provisioning system.

Does you know what the mandatory fields are?

Thanks

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lars001
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.