Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Missed Call on Every Phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by panda, Apr 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. panda

Hello! I have a system with multiple Cisco 7940G phones, and Polycomm 550s and when someone calls in on a ring group and someone answers, the other phones show up "X" missed calls. I was looking online and it seems that the best way to do this is by making 3CX send :
    Reason: SIP ; cause=200 ; text="Call completed elsewhere"
    But I cannot find out how to do this, and there is no step by step instructions anywhere on 3CX forms!
    Please help!

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I believe the citation you have listed is directly from the RFC for reason headers. I do not think there is a way by which you can modify the SIP stack used by 3CX to generate a desired response. What you are showing is the reason header that should be included in the cancel request that is sent to the other phones that were included in the initial INVITE from the ring group or other.

I just did a test of a cancel from forked devices on 3CX :

upload_2017-4-24_8-50-7.png

As you can see, the cancel does contain the header as you wished. As a result, this makes it appear that either the phone is not able to process the command with the desired intent due to a firmware limitation or some internal setting is lacking. In checking the 3CX softphone, which was one of the phones that "missed" the call; the softphone reflects it as an incoming call, but it is not listed as a missed call.

3. panda

So basically I'm stuck because of the older type phones that I use? or that 3CX needs to release an update about this?

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Well, given that 3CX appears to be following the RFC and providing the correct response, it does not appear to be a 3CX issue. I am not able to offer much more as I do not use these models nor do I know if they might have some settings or firmware that may resolve the issue. I just checked a Yealink that was also in the forked devices and it shows the call, but not as a missed call. I also checked a Grandstream and a Fanvil and they too showed the call, but none reported it as missed.... as it was answered on a softphone. If the phones do not support it, then I suspect that there is nothing that 3CX could do. Note that my testing was done using V15. If you are using an older version, then I guess there may be the possibility that something changed between versions, but even if that is the case, then I doubt that much could be done about it.

panda likes this.
  5. panda

Ok. I am on Version 15 also. But thank you for your help! I think I am just gonna get new Yealink phones anyways! Again, thanks for the support!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.