• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Missed calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamsc75

Reaction score
Hi all,

I HOPE this is a simple problem, but I am really busy with quite a few other projects and cant get my head in the right thinking mode!

I have an out bound rule to use 9 to make an outbound call, my problem is that when an incoming external is missed, it shows up on the users phone as the incoming number, when they go to call it back of course it doesnt dial the 9 first and then obviously doesnt make the call. Is there simple easy way around this? I would rather try and add the 9 automatically than change the outgoing rule if thats possible.

I know I could simply change the rule, remove the 9 prefix and use the calls from extension field, but due to legacy issues and users used to dialing 9 to "get and outside line" I'd prefer to keep this as is.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Adam

Just add another rule to match the dial pattern of the callback number.

For example, I use an outbound rule for dilaing (starts with 9, 8 length, strip 1) and another for dialback (7 length, strip 0). Repeat for long distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norb.p
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.