Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Missed Q call not display as missed on phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jim@itstod.se, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jim@itstod.se

jim@itstod.se New Member

Hi,

In version 10 we don't get any missed calls on the phone (snom) when a caller abandons a call that is placed in a queue. The call is showed as abandoned in MyPhone but the pbx seems to send info to the phone that the call was "picked up by other". This is a great feature but should not be used for abandoned calls. IMHO an abandoned call = a missed call.

Regards,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

This is always a tough one because I do NOT want queue calls to show as missed on my phone. I only want calls sent directly to my extension to show as missed. I dont see the point of every agent in the office showing the same missed call.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. FBW

FBW New Member

Question rather is, do we want to see an abandoned call as missed.
    If yes, should it show up on every MyPhone in the queue.

I think in that case I'd prefer NOT to know about the abandoned call rather than have all calls displaye as missed because somebody else in the queue picked it up.

Of course it might be an extra feature to actuelly tag a call as abandonned.

4. jim@itstod.se

jim@itstod.se New Member

Re: Missed Q call not displayed as missed on phone

I agree that this is not easy - it has pros and cons depending on the ring strategy. My request is mainly regarding the "Ring all" strategy.

I think that the main issue is that if you have a missed call notification on your phone you want to be sure that no one else has picked up the call.

So to be more specific I would like to have:
    Call abandoned (caller hangs up while my phone is ringing) = missed call on phone
    Call times out (goes to queue time-out destination = missed call on phone
    Call picked up by other = no missed call on phone

This goes for "ring all"-queues and ring groups, I guess for queues with other ring strategies the "picked up by other" would be hard to implement.

The main reason I wrote this from the beginning was that the behaviour is changed from version 9 to 10 and I haven't seen anything about it in the release notes.

5. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I would highly recommend this be added to http://ideas.3cx.com

6. Sharon

Hi,

We had implemented call disclaimer on our extensions, after which we faced issues with miss calls landing on our extn. Anyone why this could happen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.