• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Missing error messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBOD

Reaction score
Windows 7 Pro V11 SP4

We had a circuit breaker problem last night which cut power to my router. Of course the 3CX PBX lost registration to my VOIP provider. When we restored power we got an email alert informing us that registration has changed status to registered. My question is where was the alert that "has changed status to unregistered". I understand that 3CX can not send out error messages if there is no communication to the network. But once the connection has been re-established I would like to see all the error messages. Any ideas? The power to the pbx was not lost and the 3CX software was not restarted in this instance. Thank you.

How long was the power out?

Did the time exceed the re-registration interval required by your provider?

Can you duplicate this by disconnecting then re-connecting your internet connection, or was this, perhaps, a one time issue?

Power was out for about 12 hours.

It does exceed the registration interval. 3CX faithfully tried to re-register about once every 12 minutes during the outage.

I'll run a test on Monday when I don't need my internet for 12 minutes or so LOL. Thanks.

I don't believe it is a one time problem. I have seen this many times over the last few years. It is not a big deal for this situation. But I have to wonder if I am missing these messages am I missing others?

I also wonder if the message wasn't sent, will it be sent in some future flood of old error messages that 3CX is want to do? I know 3CX is working on the latter problem still. Are they related?

http://www.3cx.com/forums/old-error-messages-resent-32981.html

DBOD said:
I also wonder if the message wasn't sent, will it be sent in some future flood of old error messages that 3CX is want to do? I know 3CX is working on the latter problem still. Are they related?

That sort of behaviour has been seen before where a whole slew of emails show up at once..

If you can duplicate the problem, it may indicate to a bug of some sort. At that point 3Cx will have to be able to duplicate it as well, which (I would hope) would lead to a fix in a future update.

I often see regisation successful attempts without the unsuccessful one...

Looking over some recent emails, I'm seeing something similar. This is from a Version 10 install on a bridge trunk. From what I remember, in the past there was both a Not registered, and a registered email, about 10 minutes apart. Don't ask me why it "unregistered", I've never discovered that. It seems to be at random times, and it hasn't been enough of an issue to spend a lot of time on it.

When I looked this morning, there were a number of emails, from the last week or so, that just have "This trunks in now registered", events. That would suggest that there should have been corresponding "unregistered" emails, but none were sent.

So, there does not seem to be any consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.