Missing firmware updates

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by asmith3006, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asmith3006

Hi,

I have a new install of 3CX v12 on 2008R2 Hyper-V machine and some new Yealink T22 phones running on an old firmware. If I go to the "Phones" view and select the phone I can't click "Upgrade firmware". Looking in the phone provisioning folder I have empty directories for the firmware.

I've tried adding the firmware ROM files into the directory, but this still doesn't give me the "Upgrade firmware" option in the Phone view still.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

OK, the first question is whether the phones were provisioned manually or by 3CX? When looking at the phone/extension in question, look at the provisioning tab and see if the MAC address and phone model type fields are populated. You can also look at the Phones page and see if the system shows them to be provisioned or unprovisioned. In order for the system to push the upgrade to the phones, the system must see them as provisioned.

I am suspecting that they may not be.

By putting the firmware into the directory you made it available, but the phones may not know where to go look; hence my question regarding the provisioning. If provisioned by 3CX, then the system will populate the phone with the needed info. If manually provisioned, then you will need to go back into the phones web's interface and look at the upgrade tab and then advanced and see if the firmware server field is populated. If not then you will need to enter in http://%%3CXPrivateIP%%:5000/provisioning/%%localdirectory%%/firmware and then, depending upon where you placed the firmware, possibly the specific directory. You will also need to ensure that the phone is set to check and update for firmware as well. You might also want to populate the configuration server field as well. The same format as above just absent the /firmware and other directory. If you have the T22 custom configured, then you likely do not want the configuration server to be populated as it may overwrite your settings. The format would look like http://192.168.0.100:5000/provisioning/nfeiortj/firmware/t22/ where the nfeiort is a 3cs designated subdirectory and the t22 being the folder where you may have placed the firmware itself.

3. asmith3006

Thanks, between my original message and your reply the button has started becoming active. I guess there's a periodical job to find the firmware and update the interface?

The phone was provisioned through 3CX so this is now all working fine, thanks.

EDIT: Now I'm experiencing the same issue with the W52P firmware, I'll leave it a couple of hours to confirm if it magically appears again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.