• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Missing Grandstream phones from Dropdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougB

Reaction score
New install of 3CX 12 and I keep seeing references that Grandstream phones should show up in the provisioning drop down selection.

Is there a separate file I must install to gain access to this brand of phones or is it supposed to be there by default on a fresh install.

I see other brands listed on my box but no Grandstream so I am somewhat confused..

Thanks,

Doug

I am looking at a install to double check and they are still in the drop down box located at the phone provisioning tab atleast they are on v12 sp2.

Thanks for checking John on your install.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times and every time the Grandstream phones are missing from the drop down. So I am unsure which phone templates are supposed to be present. I see other brands listed like the Yealink and Snom but thats about it.

Is there a way to download all the templates and install them manually, from what I have read it is possible but I can find the article I was looking at before for reference.

OK I just did another fresh install on a different system and same identical results.

The only phone templates that come with the current version 12 of 3CX are Cisco,Gigasetn,Panasonic,Polycom,Snom,Yealink. There is no Grandstream templates like all the documentation suggests, so how can I get the missing templates?

DougB said:
OK I just did another fresh install on a different system and same identical results.

The only phone templates that come with the current version 12 of 3CX are Cisco,Gigasetn,Panasonic,Polycom,Snom,Yealink. There is no Grandstream templates like all the documentation suggests, so how can I get the missing templates?

In the 3CX Management console, go to "3cx phone system updates" and then "phone provisioning updates". Check the templates you want and at the top pick "download selected".

This will allow you to add the Grandstream and other templates.

lifeline said:
In the 3CX Management console, go to "3cx phone system updates" and then "phone provisioning updates". Check the templates you want and at the top pick "download selected".

This will allow you to add the Grandstream and other templates.

Thank you for the helpfull insight..

I was able to get some of the Grandstream phones however the Cordless 711 DECT phone is not listed, however a lot of the 3CX documentation references it being there. Is there another way to get the correct XML files?

I also have a Grandstream DECT.

I copied the template from a server running V11 to the V12 template directory.
I did a factory reset on the DECT and was able to provision from 3CX without a problem.
My Grandsteam DECT is working fine so far.

You will need to put the .ph files into C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Templates\phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mendy E
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.