• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Missing Prompts & OnHold Music in v7.1.7139

Status
Not open for further replies.

ormita

Reaction score
Hi

I installed 3CX for the first time ever so there are no "upgrade issues" present - no previous installs, no other files and on a brand new server running Windows Server 2003.

The version of 3cx is: v7.1.7139

1. My on-hold music doesnt play. When I replace the file with a different one as well it still doesn't play.
2. My VOICEMAIL setup doesnt play. It is missing some of the prompts:

a. I dial 9999
b. I enter my pin
c. I enter 9

THE MAIN MENU VOICE PROMPT HERE IS MISSING FOR WHAT STEPS TO TAKE

d. I know what it should say - so even though there is NO message I press 8 to record a voicemail greeting

THE VOICE PROMPT IS MISSING HERE

e. Again, I know what to do so I press 0 to record a message

This next greeting works..

f. I record and press #

THIS VOICE PROMPT IS MISSING HERE

The rest of the prompts work fine

- I am using the standard default English Prompt set

PLEASE can someone tell me what is going on and how to fix it?

Some have solved the "no music" issue by making sure that Windows Media Player is installed and configured.

HI,

You will need to do a fresh install. Sounds like a database corruption

Kind regards

Rob

Before uninstalling 3CX i'd suggest downloading a Codec Package.

Try Downloading the K-lite Pack from here: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_lite_codec_pack.htm
Give the machine a restart just to be 100% sure and try again, everything should work.

Let us know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.