• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Mistake leading to interesting configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halea

Reaction score
As I was fiddling my 3CX test configuration, I mistakenly changed the access credentials of one of my VOIP lines and pointed it to an unused extension on the same 3CX platform. Interestingly enough both the extension and the line turned green on the status page. My curiosity led me to actually test the outcome; after setting the appropriate outbound dialing rule, I was able to call through this odd loop. The performance was no better, no worse. The status log clearly confirms that the communication went through the loop (Extension 1 > Line 1 > Extension 2 > Line 2 > outside world). I am not sure if it might have any interesting ramifications or applications.
I just wanted to share it with you just as food for thought...
Halea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.