Mitel 3300 & 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by fancypants, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fancypants

I am looking to bridge a Mitel with a 3CX phone system using SIP to allow extensions on the remote site free calls to the users currently on the mitel. The mitel currently has no SIP licences, do I need a licence per SIP device or a just a SIP licence for the 3CX?

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

When bridging two PBX's, you have two choices, both methods have limitations.

If the Mitel uses non-propriatary, standard SIP extensions, then you could register a 3CX trunk to one of those extensions, any call from 3CX to the Mitel board would appear (Caller ID) to come from that extension.

If the Mitel has SIP trunks, then you could register one trunk per 3CX extension, any 3CX user calling that extension would ring in on the Mitel trunk. the trunk would have to be routed in the Mitel to an extension/ring group, etc.. If you had a limited number of extensions you wish to dial from one to another, this could work.

If most of your traffic was from 3CX to the Mitel, then the first scenario would be preferable as it would allow 3CX uses to dial a Mitel extension directly.

I'm not sure how your licence arrangement would be affected, but I would think that scenario one would be no different than adding an additional extension to the board.

3. donbru01

donbru01 New Member

Hi , in this day i have connected Mitel 3300ICP with more 3CX system .
    You need license sip trunk for each ch.voice to each branch office .
    No particular limitation , few problem but not mandatory for base call .
    I have create for my collegues mini documentation how to configurate Mitel , and i send you

4. fancypants

So if i have 10 extensions on the remote (3cx) site and say 10 at the local (mitel) site, do i need 10 sip licences for each remote device or 1 sip licence for the 3cx pbx?

Thanks again for any advice :~)

5. donbru01

donbru01 New Member

no one to one ratio , you need licenze ( side mitel ) for max simultaneus call from Mitel-3CX , 1 license = 1 call , 2 license= 2 call

6. fancypants

Thank donbru for you help, it is what i suspected for each call between the 3CX site ans the Mitel concurrently requires a Mitel licence.

If you have the documentation on how you linked the 2 that too would be much appreciated.

Thanks again to everyone for there help :)

7. donbru01

donbru01 New Member

ok i send you 9 screen-shoot

Attached Files:

8. donbru01

donbru01 New Member

last

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.