• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Mixed VOIP & Analogue

Status
Not open for further replies.

SY

Staff member
Reaction score
PSTN gateways do their job in both direction.
Keywords "FXS" "FXO"

Regards

I have search that but there is nothing useful

zakfleming said:
I have search that but there is nothing useful

Probably you are right.
So, could you please describe what are you trying to implement?

Just describe desired connection topology.We will try to find a solution.

Thanks

Well at the moment only half of the building is networked up so in that half we are going to implement VOIP. When someone rings in I am going to set it up so all phones ring. The other half of the building is a normal phone system you pick up the phone hear the dial tone. Eventually that side of the building will be networked up. But for now I would like it so I will put in a VOIP gateway so the VOIP system can make calls and receive in coming calls. For now I would like it so when someone rings the normal phones and the VOIP ones ring is this possible to do if I install a VOIP gateway on an extension of the normal phone system?

Thanks

Some PSTN gateway can receive call form analog line...
3CX PBX can receive calls from VoIP providers...
Some PSTN gateways can deliver calls to analog phone...
3CX PBX can deliver call to PSTN gateway...

Where is a problem?

Regards

Yes but can you be using PSTN & VOIP at the same time.

zakfleming said:
Yes but can you be using PSTN & VOIP at the same time.

PBX uses it at the same time.

Yes, you can use them both at the same time. All you need to do is create a ring group and put the extensions you want to ring into the group.

When the line rings all phones that are part of the ring group will ring. The first one to pick up wins!

Thanks mate jsut what i wanted to hear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCTECHZONE
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.