mobile answering online

Discussion in 'Android' started by qazedx, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qazedx

hi, so this is the deal, I want to put a sim card into my phone that supports only internet and no calling, for fast and cheep internet. so I need to be able to answer calls online, what I want to do is to forward my old number to 3cx for android is it possible and how can I do it? if not what are other options

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You would need to buy a VoIP Account from a VoIP Provider near you and configure the account they will give you onto the 3CXPhone.
    You would then be able to make and receive calls.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Any unlocked (old or new) SIM card would allow the (unlocked) phone to work, not the GSM/UMTS portion, but the WiFi portion.

This would be up to the provider that currently has this number, if you have call forwarding with them, then you can enable that, but you would have to continue to pay them for that number, otherwise you have to give it up or port it to another (VoIP?) provider. If you retained the current number it would have to be forwarded to a new VoIP number that you obtain from a VoIP provider as LeonidasG has suggested. Be aware, however of the limitations of WiFi VoIP. You will probably want an account that includes voicemail, as, unless you are always next to a wireless router then there will be many times you will be able "unavailable". You also have to take into account the shorter battery life of WiFi devices as opposed to mobile phones.

4. qazedx

ok I got did number, but as I configured the phone it says ''on hook" when I try to call it I get directed to voice mail what could be the problem I entered local ip option that I am in the office otherwise it woun't connect at all plz help I relay want to use this soft.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The problem may be how (what IP and port) you have registered as with your VoIP provider. If you are calling your VoIP phone number from another line and reaching voicemail, that would suggest that the VoIP provider has , tried, but failed to reach your phone. This could be a firewall issue with the router at that location, perhaps port 5060 is being used by another device on the local network, or, it could be just an incorrect configuration. Be sure that you are set to use STUN. You might have to enlist the help of your VoIP provider as to how your phone appears (what public IP and port) to them when registering and why they are unable to reach it.

I'm not too sure how you have this set up. You should not have to enter anything (site specific IP) that would tie you to one particular location unless you are using the phone in conjunction with a 3CX PBX at that site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.