Mobile Client Geofencing

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by fbusher, Aug 15, 2016.

Mobile Client Geofencing 5 5 1votes
5/5, 1 vote

1. fbusher

Jul 28, 2016
    Would be nice to be able to mark areas or locations to change the availability. So when I get to work I am available or when I get home I am away. It is pure laziness put sometimes when I have been out I forget to set my availability back to Available and when I get home I get abuse from my other half if my phone rings.

I can think of other use cases though for other people. Sensitive locations where they aren't allowed to answer calls, on the road engineer could have it update their status to their location.

One possible solution would be to allow access via IFTTT. That way all sorts of interactions would be possible.
    HH60 likes this.
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IFTTT Integration would be the way to go. There are more than a few recipes that I can imagine, toggling status based on Location, Data connection type, Battery level, etc.

Why deal with that code when an integration with IFTTT will take care of all of those scenarios and more...
  3. HH60

Nov 29, 2016
    Not sure if IFTTT would be the ideal way to go for a Business or Enterprise environment but beside that geofencing in itself would be a very nice feature! :rolleyes:

Only problem in business use could be privacy... :confused: