Mobile Diverts

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by eclipse2000, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eclipse2000

I have our 3CX system setup and working more a less 100% now, The only issue im having is diverting calls to a mobile phone.
    I have a few extensions setup that i have selected to call my mobile at the same time of ringing the extension, this works and calls my mobile (if i have a signal) which is great and works well, the problem is if i DONT have a signal 3cx calls the extension and mobile but after 2 seconds the caller hears the answer phone message on my mobile and not the extension. My question is, is there a way that if a mobile device has no signal and is unable to ring to stop 3cx assuming that the call is answered and connect it.
    I use to run a system with e-receptionist and how thias worked if a call was diverted to a mobile as soon as i answered the mobile i had to press 1 to connect the call, so if i didnt have a signal it wouldnt connect as i couldnt press 1. Maybe a feature request.
    Please help if anyone knows the answer to my issue.

Mant thanks
    Paul

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I dont think so

The best way i can think of working around this is to use dummy extensions. Then either put them both in a ring group or have it ring your extension in the office for a short period (e.g. 10-15 seconds) and then the dummy extension for 15 seconds. The dummy extension can forward to your cell and have it on rebound (so you have to press the answer button. If no reply then go to a voicemail.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. eclipse2000

Excellent, Thanks for the reply.
    Only problem i can see doing this, I use the virtual receptionist to answer calls on all lines and have options to press 1, 2 and 3. Is there a way of setting up to call a group from an extension pressed as i can only see the option to divert to a hard extension and not a group.

Regards
    Paul

4. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I am not sure i follow you.

I think you want to send to the new group with the dummy extension in it from the Digital Assistant menu? Your Action is a drop down which has the connect to ring group option in it. (You have to create the ring group first to show up in the drop downs).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. eclipse2000

Thanks Mark.
    I have tried this setup this evening and it works so far, calls both the mobile and the extension but if the mobile is off or has no signal the system left a message on the mobile voicemail about answering the call.
    I was hoping it didnt do anything on the mobile.

Regards
    Paul

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That is one of the drawbacks about having VM on a mobile, and forwarding calls to it, when the phone it not available. I suppose you could either have the VM feature removed, or, leave the phone on at all times, just switch it to silent mode when you didn't want to be disturbed. Not all that practical in most cases.

7. abc123

abc123 Active Member

You could try changing the dummy extension to ring both itself and the mobile at the same time (custom1 rule) and set it to only ring for 25 seconds (cell phone vm comes in at 30 seconds).

That will make it go to the dummy extension or other voicemail.

8. dotnetfabrik

Uhm, no .. if 3CX is configured to signal both (local phone and mobile) together, the local phone will stop ringing as soon as my mobile starts ringing.

9. abc123

abc123 Active Member

that is not the way it is supposed to work, nor the way i see it working on our 3cx and our customer's

Which version and service pack are you on? How many ccs licenses do you have installed and how many ccs trunks. What sip phone was it and what firmware. And finally can you send a screen shot or tell us the settings in your forwarding rules.

It honestly works for me, so maybe you have a setting wrong.

10. dotnetfabrik

AFAIK, it's 3CX Security Update - Version 9.15781 - January 2011
    I have 4 calls licensed, it's running with a patton 4554.
    The call comes from external, phone is a GXP2000 with latest firmware.
    It goes to ringgroup 81, in there is 21 and 92 (21 is the local gxp2000 and 92 the one with the forward to cell phone after 1 second).
    When calling from external, ringgroup 81 is signalled causing 21 to ring.
    But 92 does simply do nothing, no forward, nothing - all forward-options are set to forward to mobile-phone.
    If it's called directly, the forward works.
    Something's really wrong here :-(((

11. abc123

abc123 Active Member

now we are on to something

Firstly do you have the setting to allow external calls from ringgroups and queues set? I suspect not.

Then forwarding to mobile after 1 second will also cause it to stop ringing. You need to set the forwarding rules to simultaneously ring cell phone and local phone (right at the bottom of available and custom1 tabs).

Let us know how you get on after those changes :) everything else seems fine (I was worried about ccs).

12. dotnetfabrik

The setting to allow external calls from ringgroups and queues is switched on.
    I have modified 92 to ring mobile simultaneously with the local phone - it's state is set to available.
    Now when calling from external, 21 rings (triggered from ringgroup 81) for about 3 seconds.
    Then the mobile phone begins to ring and 21 stops.
    The phone from which I'm testing shows a connection starting at the very moment when the mobile begins to ring.

13. dotnetfabrik

This is also strange: just for testing, I switched on the simultaneous mobile-ringing for my extension 21.
    When calling 21 directly, the internal phone rings about 3 seconds, then my mobile begins to ring and the internal phone stops ringing... it's exactly the same problem like before - but with simpler conditions (just one extension involved).

14. dotnetfabrik

Problem solved! It's not 3CX, it's the Patton 4554!
    In configuration under Telephony / Call-Router / SIP Interface IF_SIP_x is an option called Early Connect.
    This was switched on.
    Now it's off and both phones are ringing happily together! :)
    (I think this should be put into the configfile provided by 3cx for the patton)

15. abc123

abc123 Active Member

At least you found it which will help you and others.

3cx will see this solution and then they can decide the settings for the default template. But you can always modify your templates and then use those for any further pattons. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.