Mobile Extensions Ringing on DND

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by thames, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thames

thames New Member

Hi there Folks

This may well be a daft question but it's driving me crazy so I wondered if there was an answer to this:

I have several mobile extensions set up on our 3CX system. I have a group set up called "Mobile Group" so that when we are out of office and someone rings in, it'll use the PUSH to ring the mobiles. It works just fine. However, when we don't want to be disturbed and we switch the mobiles to DND - they still ring! It almost appears that 3CX is ignoring the extension setup and just looking at the ring group setup.

Is there a way around this? Basically what we want is that when one or more of the mobile extensions are set to DND or Away, either the remaining ones only will ring or, if they are all set to DND, none of them will ring and the incoming call will go directly to voicemail.

Cheers
    Chris

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

As far as I know DND does not affect a ring group. Perhaps there is an option or better yet use a queue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. thames

thames New Member

Hi Craig

OK - so as I guessed, the ring group settings are overriding the extension setup?

Hmmm - so if I wanted to ensure that the mobiles didn't ring I could create a mobile queue - now that sounds like a great idea. I'll try that and post what I find.

Cheers
    Chris

4. thames

thames New Member

Hi Craig

BINGO!

I created a Call Queue for mobile extensions only. Created a personalised message so that incoming calls would know what was happening. When mobiles are logged into the queue they ring and when they aren't... well - it works just fine.

Thanks for your response to the original question - much appreciated.

Cheers
    Chris

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Sure thing. Glad that solution works for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.