• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Mobile phone ringing on incoming call but no mobile phone defined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff "Jarhead" Yager

Reaction score
I have 2 users, 3cx softphones, that have incoming calls ringing on their mobile phones. I have no mobile numbers defined in my whole system. Very odd. Only common issue with them is that they use the Iphone client on said phones. Calls are randomly ringing on their cell phone (not iphone 3cx client). Not all calls. Just a very few.

Anyone ever seen this before?

I have 2 users, 3cx softphones, that have incoming calls ringing on their mobile phones.

Do you mean that the 3CX App, on their phones is ringing, or the mobile phone number is getting a call? For the App to ring, you simply have to have the 3CX client configured, and either registered or have PUSH enabled. That fact that the extension number exists (within the 3CX client) on the phone would allow it to receive calls (as long as Data is on), with no mobile number defined in 3CX.

No its not hte 3cx app, their cell phone is ringing and the mobile app and softphone on pc does not. REally freakin weird.

If their cell phone number is ringing, what leads you to believe that it has something to do with 3CX? What is the caller ID? Is there no one on the other end?

If you think the call originates from 3CX, you can verify this by checking the 3CX Activity log right after one of these calls. that will show if the mobile number was called. might be a call forward option that someone put in and forgot about.

Reactions: apostolis_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.