mobile status from providers - Scandinavia market mostly

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by bodleid, Sep 5, 2016.

mobile status from providers - Scandinavia market mostly 5 5 7votes
5/5, 7 votes

1. bodleid

most companies in Scandinavia has requirement getting mobile status from providers that need to be shown in presence in 3CX as busy (yellow). Reason is so you see status of employee no matter if he is busy in 3CX phone or his mobile out of the office.
    Example: User have extension number in 3CX and mobile phone number. When he is talking in mobile from mobile number(not 3CX client) his 3CX extension will be shown in Presence as busy(Yellow), preferred function will be busy in mobile of course.
    Usually all provider deliver this information differently. Ideal would be to have plugin at 3CX site for different providers. We actually can make this plugin our self but we need to option in 3CX to make the extension show busy with api or some other way. This function does not seems to be available in 3CX. This is starting to affecting sales.

I have added a pdf document that explain this better hopefully

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    countrycomp likes this.
  2. hlidar

yes this so much needed

3. jed

jed New Member

Totally agree, How about if the 3CX SoftPhone could just see if a normal CellPhone call is in progress, and change the Pressence status. This would help a lot, and we would have "MobileIntegration".

Currently we register a cell Phone as a SIP Phone, and all calls is going through the Telco, however this solution is expensice, and depend on which Telco who supports "our Sim2Sip".

A solution where we can offer "MobilePressence" nomatter which Telco we use, would be perfered, and if the 3CX Client on the Cell Phone could do the job, it would be perfect, and ease sales to customers with extreme low pricing for their cell phone subscription

Thank you in advance

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This makes sense. And could be easily accomplished by adding another status to the Presence system. Maybe call it "Cellular Call" Just like the system marks presence as some variation of "occupied" while in an active SIP call, the Mobile client change the presence to "Cellular Call". The variation is that the "Cellular Call" status can be set to not count the extension as active. It's more of a marker than a status.

5. jed

jed New Member

Pelase help upvoting this for us very important functionality.

We would really like to be able to expand our sales of our 3CX solution, but is time after time beaten by the solutions that support full integration to the PBX for presence.

We are struggling with cheap (but crappy?) hosted PBX Solutions that include CellPhone integration, issue is that our customers select these solutions based on price - and the CellPhone Integration and is bound on their solutions for years.

I will let 3CX decide the best integration solution, however I do hope that it all can be done just from within the 3CX Client on the softphone.

Please help us by voting for this idea. Thank you a lot.
    /Jesper

6. jed

jed New Member

Hi

This idea is still very important..Please let the 3CX SoftPhone Client see when the mobile phone is busy via a GSM call, and let the 3CX SoftPhone Client opdate the 3CX extention status.

7. jed

jed New Member

@bodleid

Did you come any closer for the CellPhone Pressence?
    I dont understand, that only a few seems interested in ths functionality. It is really a showstopper for selling bigger 3CX Phone systems for us. Personaly I would perfere a solution that was diliverd as a standard with the 3CX App or a 3CX Addon to the SoftPhone, but we are open for other solutions as well:)

/Jesper

8. Sorby

That 3cx should support Mobile Real-Time Status I took for granted. This is a basic function!!

With Mobile Real-Time Status, you can always view the status of colleague's mobile phone, either the phone is turned off, idle or busy

jed likes this.
  9. jed

jed New Member

Bump... Really no one else who need to see pressence of the companys Cell Phones while on a GSM Call ??

Please upvote for this great idea.

10. FCB

FCB

Hey guys.My question is not about this topic.I have problem about SIP.All of my X3S have same problem in my LAN.SIP registration failed.What Can I do?

11. Sorby

This is not an idea, it is a demand :)

jed likes this.