MOBILE WIFI

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by thour, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thour

Hello!

When i'am trying to call my extension (mobile phonei have voip in my nokia) i cant reach it but if i'am trying to call ext 100 it works but i cant hear anything in my phone. How can i fixed in the easyest way? Because I cant go inside every router and open ports if i'am in another country there it is free wifi. Can i change port on my 3cx server to some open ports like 80 or 25? :S Witch option do I have?

2. amygoda

amygoda Member

Hello,
    what is your nokia model
    any way because nokia does not have stun settings so it's not grantee to connect at all casses

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Yup...If there is no provision to put in STUN settings then you are going to have problems. I have several different WiFi phones that work like a charm most of the time on other networks. They do have problems once in a while, but some routers deliberately block VoIP traffic (or the port you have chosen is already in use on that network), nothing you can do about it but search for another hotspot. However i also have an HP GSM/WiFi phone with no stun settings. It was never intended to be used outside of an office environment (single network), they state that in the literature. Even though the set will register, i only get one way transmission.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.