Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Modify outbound caller ID for 3 digit calls only

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sunstate, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunstate

sunstate Member

Currenly all extensions have their outbound caller ID set to one of several 800 numbers this company uses. This is causing a problem when calling 911. I need to have the main local number show up as the outbound caller ID but only when a 3 digit number is dialed. Is there any way of doing this? If not I'll probably just ask the provider to provision a second SIP trunk with a forced caller ID of the main local number, then send all 3 digit numbers out that trunk.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

As far as I'm aware, the dialled digits will only determine where the call routes (trunk), not what digits it sends as CID based on dialled digits. I'm pretty sure that you are going to have to go with your idea of an additional trunk.

3. willow

willow Member

leejor is correct the outbound rules only apply to outgoing calls and no not do anyhthing with outbound caller id. Caller ID is set under the extensions section. you may be able set something up in the SIP provider though. You would need to turn to them for advice.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.