Modifying Caller ID display

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by simonhc, Feb 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simonhc

Hello,

I have just changed my VoIP provider from BT to OrbTalk and am having an issue with the caller ID display on the phones.
    I am currently using Cisco 509g's and prior to the change-over where display the ID perfectly. However OrbTalk broadcast all numbers in the international format. i.e. have the full international dialling code present.
    My office is in the UK and as a result nearly every call coming in starts with 44. however when it is a domestic call thee 44 should be replaced with 0.

Is there a way to swap the 44 on incoming calls and replace it with 0
    so if an incoming call looks like 441234567890 i want to modify it to appear as 01234567890

Thanks in advance

Simon

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. simonhc

Thats great, thank you

4. simonhc

Hi,

Do you know if this is possible on version 10 of 3cx?
    I have an old version running at home and would like to implement this at that end as well.

Thanks in advance

Simon

5. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

No, I think earliest version was 12 to support Caller-ID reformatting. In version 11 there was another method, no so convenient.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. simonhc

Ok,
    Worth an ask.. Thanks for letting me know.

Simon

7. simonhc

Just a thought but is there a way in version 10 to strip the first 2 digits from an outgoing number?
    Due to the above issue if I hit redial I currently get an invalid number error from OrbTalk (my VoIP provider)
    To clarify:
    - national calls in the UK all start with "0"
    - OrbTalk transmit all incoming numbers in the international format so UK would start with "44"
    - So a local number would look like: 01234567890
    - The international version of this number would be: 441234567890

- When sending a number from 3cx to OrbTalk, OrbTalk require you to drop the "0" so that the number can be converted to the international format by simply add "44" to the start of the number.
    -So I have an outgoing rule in 3cx that strips the "0" from all outgoing calls. - simple.

Unfortunately when an incoming call is received it is transmitted in the international format. The problem starts when I hit redial as I get an invalid number error due to OrbTalk adding the 44 to the start of the number;
    So the problem is this:-
    - I receive a call with the ID: 441234567890.
    - I hit redial and 3cx transmits the number to OrbTalk as: 441234567890
    - OrbTalk the add "44" to convert the number to the international format. Thus I am infact trying to dial: 44441234567890 which gives the invalid number error.

So is it possible to check if the outgoing number starts with "44" and if so strip the first 2 digits from that number and transmit the remaining numbers? I.e.
    - I dial "441234567890"
    - 3CX stripps the "44" and transmits: "1234567890"

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advance

Simon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.