Modifying Company Phone Book

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by robxbl69, Jun 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robxbl69

Hi all,

A couple of questions really.

1) Where is the "master" company phonebook stored? And in what format?

2) I would like to automatically update the company phonebook from our MySQL database. I can easily write a script in Perl/PHP/Python or whatever is best is an API exists that I can "talk" with?

Creating a XML file from our own database is fine for creating a directory for Cisco phones, but this directory isn't queried for caller ID by the phones. I realise I could export to a CSV file and manually update the 3CX company directory database, but was really looking for something I could automate.

Many thanks,

Robert

2. unoa

Hey guys,

Im actually looking for exactly the same thing. One of hour customers wants to update the company phonebook weekly with an automated cycle. Is there a way / command line / api like feature to import a csv file with phonebook entrys automagicly?

Kind regards,

Patrick

3. Murfy

I'm looking for this too. I have all my contacts in a Google Contacts account and I want these to be available in Company Phonebook.

I could program something myself, I just need to know how these are stored or is there is an API.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

There are several "books" in the provisioning folder based on different phone types.
    You can read those and add entries to them... but can not save as the same file name.

When I sued Yealink phones - I had an app that opened that file. Added all mobile phones from our Active Directory and saved as a different name. That different name file was what was in my Yealink provisioning file. I updated the file daily at 8pm. The phones read the file every 2 hours...

I can not recommend connecting to the 3cx database and making changes there. Its too risky.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.