Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

MOH - Music on Hold - per Extension

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by loyer, Sep 24, 2017.

MOH - Music on Hold - per Extension 5 5 3votes
5/5, 3 votes

1. loyer

Vote for the ability for each extension to be able to choose their own music on hold audio file.

Any format is fine (wav). It is easy for me to convert from mp3 but would be nice for the end user if there was an auto convert feature.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Callum Douglas-Byrnes

3. premier10

Would be nice... however it could lead some to share their 3CX instance with another person or company. Many companies have custom on-hold music (at least my clients do), so it naturally prevents another company from sharing the instance with another.

But, if they were allowed their own Music On Hold, I could definitely see a non-cloud hosted end user try to circumvent getting an additional license. I'd worry about the "one time" buyers or those who don't have it managed by a Partner.

Example: x1000-x2000 (Company A - MoH file 1) , x3000-x4000 (Company B - MoH file 2)

Maybe 3CX could develop something that requires the 3CX Partner to load the instance with all of the possible music files and then allow the users to pick from a drop down list on their extension page. Could be a pain for the users and partners, but it would be a start.

Don't judge me too harshly if my logic is different. :)